Welcome to my Christmas blog ~ Christmas Pudding

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year." ~ Charles Dickens



Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Christmas Tree and Mantel 2015

Hello friends! I am sharing my Christmas tree and mantel today. This is all the decorating I will be doing in the living room this year. I am trying to cut back and enjoy it all more.



The tree is the same as last year only with all white lights instead of a mixture of coloured and white.





The mantel is much simpler with my Christmas goose. At first I had him up there without any adornment at all because Hubby thought he looked better that way. 



I have added a golden ribbon and a poinsettia on his long graceful neck. I think he looks much more festive now. 






I have also changed up my centerpiece this year. A mercury glass hurricane lamp with crystals embedded around the top of it looks pretty here on the coffee table. Here it is unlit.



And here it is with the candle lit.



Have you finished your decorating yet?

 Keeping Christmas in my heart all year round ~ Sandi

2 comments:

  1. Your tree is so pretty Sandi! I like your goose too, he's a big one!
    I set my Feather tree up on the parlor table just yesterday (I store it away all decorated, so I cheat). I will be assembling the larger faux tree today and getting all the lights on it but then we will wait until this weekend to decorate it when my son is home from college.
    Have a wonderful day!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandi. Oh yes, tree is up here and I love it. I did not simplify but still am happy with the result. Your tree is gorgeous and I love the mantle, too. I think a wreath around goosie (or even a big golden bow) would be dandy. Susan

    ReplyDelete