Welcome to my Christmas blog ~ Christmas Pudding

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year." ~ Charles Dickens



Monday, December 15, 2014

A Little Christmas Around My Home



Snowflakes in the air
Carols everywhere
Olden times and ancient rhymes
Of love and dreams to share.

Sleigh bells in the air
Beauty everywhere
Yuletide by the fireside
And joyful memories there.

Christmas time is here
We'll be drawing near
Oh, that we could always see,
Such spirit through the year. - from A Charlie Brown Christmas



Hello friends and welcome to Christmas Pudding! 

The little tykes above build a snowman every Christmas on my window sill above the kitchen sink and this little china deer gifted to me by my mother many years ago also spends time on the window sill this time of year.



Special touches around my home this year also include this poinsettia accompanied by an old-fashioned horse and sleigh in the center of the dining room table.



I am in the middle of baking some treats for the holidays. My dark fruit cake is made and put away and has been aging for a couple of weeks. Tomorrow Hubby will help me make donuts and my light fruit cake will get made on Friday. I am making only one kind of cookies this year and those will get made the first of next week. Of course there will be mincemeat tarts and pumpkin pie too but those will come for Christmas Day.

When my children were growing up, I used to make fifteen kinds of sweets for Christmas. Of course we had a lot of company in those days too so it didn't take long for the treats to disappear. 

What kind of treats are you making this year?

Before I close this post, I will give you a peek at this year's Christmas tree. It is decorated in white, gold, and pink with a touch of teal, much the same as last year's only there is no green, red, or blue. 



I hope you are all enjoying the holiday season and are taking some much needed time to put your feet up and relax with a hot beverage.

I have posted my Old-fashioned Christmas Tea on my other blog if you wish to check it out. Just click on the link above.

Have a lovely week everyone!

Keeping Christmas in my heart all year round ~ Sandi

2 comments:

  1. I love your window sill treasures! So sweet! The tree is gorgeous. My hubby wanted gold and silver and it looked to plain so we added red and blue! LOL! I wish I had the talent my mother had to make a traditional sLOVEnian treat potica. FIlled with honey, cinnamon and walnuts wrapped in a paper thin cover. Oh my mother was the best. I recently came across a company in Evergreen, Colorado who claim to make potica just like the village of Lublanja in former Yugoslavia. ALl my grandparents came from that village! I may try their potica this year. Also my mother made a delightful lemon cheesecake so I will attempt it this year. I love having a few of her hand written recipes. Merry Christmas to you and yours. Lovely to see you here. Hugs, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tree is stunning, Sandi.
    Have been making lots of treats here, for guests and to give as little gifties. So far, caramel corn, eggnog cookies, chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin, linzer with raspberry jam and Russian teacakes. LOVE baking.

    Hope your holiday is fabulous. Susan

    ReplyDelete