Welcome to my Christmas blog ~ Christmas Pudding

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year." ~ Charles Dickens



Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Happy December!

There's more, much more, to Christmas

Than candlelight and cheer;

It's the spirit of sweet friendship

That brightens all year. ~ Author unknown


Hello friends! I have been away from Christmas Pudding for quite some time and I apologize for that. 



There is a reason for my absence but I won't go into it here. I will just tell you that it has been a difficult year involving getting my mother settled into her new Home and some health issues I have been having. I simply found keeping up with both of my blogs a bit overwhelming what with all I had on my plate. Things are getting better.

I will try to share from time to time here so we can keep in touch.

As you can see I have started to decorate and I have also changed my header with my own picture. Hope you like it.

I changed up my mantel a bit this year adding candles instead of the usual flowers and ribbon.

I am still using a mix of coloured and white lights on the tree because Hubby prefers them. However, next year, it will be all white lights. 

I love the coloured lights outside but inside, I like the white better. What is your preference?


My angel tree topper.


The main tree in the living room in gold, white, pink, and a wee bit of teal. I love the sheer wired ribbon!

Today I will be cutting up fruit to make my fruit cakes.

What are your plans this week? Have you started your decorating yet?

Till next time, enjoy your preparations and be sure to put your feet up and enjoy a hot beverage.

I'm keeping Christmas in my heart all year round ~ Sandi

1 comment:

  1. Sandi, I am so happy to see you here!!! I have been keeping my eye on the sidebar, hoping to see a post. The tree is lovely with the mix of lights. You have done it so artfully. If I tried that it would be very obvious.

    I'm with you; colored lights look so nice outside (especially if there is snow on the trees), but inside, I do prefer the white, though we do have a small prelit tree in our bedroom with the colored ones, and it is pretty too! We have the best of both worlds, I guess.

    I have just begun decorating. Very busy with looking after my elderly dad. So I completely relate to your finding it hard to keep up with everything.

    ReplyDelete