Welcome to my Christmas blog ~ Christmas Pudding

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year." ~ Charles Dickens



Sunday, December 7, 2014

Dreaming of Gingerbread

Hello Christmas buddies~ Like me, most of you probably have your tree up and decorated by now.

What are some of the things that come to mind when you think about Christmastime?

Sleigh bells and fresh fallen snow? Evergreen boughs trimmed with tinsel? Frosted window panes. Laughter and sipping mugs of hot chocolate with loved ones in front of a lovely fire?

How about Plum pudding and mincemeat pies?



Gingerbread houses...



...and gingerbread boys always bring a smile to your face and how about a lovely gingerbread cake?



When I made my gingerbread cake this last time I decided to serve it a little differently. Why not saute some apple slices with a little butter and brown sugar just until tender crisp, then serve with some good vanilla ice cream and warm caramel sauce drizzled over it all?



Take it from me, it's delicious and just a little out of the ordinary. Simple and elegant too. Your guests will love it!


Keeping Christmas in my heart all year round ~ Sandi

3 comments:

  1. Sounds divine (and decadent) Sandi. Yum yum yum. And your gingerbread house is adorable. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious, Sandi! Thanks for sharing. I will have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with you page :) congratulations! :) it's beautiful

    ReplyDelete