Welcome to my Christmas blog ~ Christmas Pudding

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year." ~ Charles Dickens



Saturday, December 20, 2014

Christmas Dollies

Hello everyone ~ Christmas is almost here. Just a few more days.

I thought I would share a couple of my dolls that I received for Christmas a number of years ago.

In the nineties, I collected porcelain dolls and my hubby gifted me with this little drummer boy one year. That was the year our youngest son was a percussionist in the school band and for the concert that year, he had played 'The Little Drummer Boy' on the snare drum. I was so proud of him!

Look at this little guy's sweet face. 



He has such a pensive expression on his face. He is a musical doll and he plays "The Little Drummer Boy" when you wind him up. While the music plays, his arms and head move. He is dressed in a shepherd's garments; very fitting for Christmas! I think he's adorable!





















He was a delight to receive that Christmas!

My next doll is one that my middle son and his wife gifted me with for Christmas. 
This little lady is out walking her puppy and she carries a lantern to light her way. She wears a tartan dress under her beautiful fur-trimmed forest green velvet coat. 



Her puppy dog is made by Boyd's Bears. 



Her face is so innocent with bright brown eyes and long eye lashes. 




She has a mass of long brown curls and wears a fur hat on her head. Isn't she beautiful?

Do you collect dolls or perhaps something else that brings you joy? I would love to see them.

Till next time, I'm keeping....

Christmas in my heart all year round ~ Sandi

2 comments:

  1. Those dolls and the stories of how you came to receive them are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sandi. I love the little drummer doll. What a handsome darling.

    The other doll is sweet, too. I have her "sister" -----almost exactly the same. Her outfit was deep green. She came downstairs for Christmas with the dollies in red! I have a huge doll collection and LOVE THEM!

    Oh Sandi, hope you have a blessed Christmas. Susan

    ReplyDelete