Welcome to my Christmas blog ~ Christmas Pudding

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year." ~ Charles Dickens



Wednesday, December 24, 2014

A Little Christmas Story

Happy Christmas friends!

This will be my last posting before Christmas and I am going to share a couple more of my ornaments with you before I tell you a little story.

Like my Daddy, I have always loved trains and my youngest son knew that so when he visited Chattanooga, TN last year, he got me this little train; the Chattanooga Choo-choo train. It's my newest ornament with a sweet memory attached to it.




Someday I would like to have a train set chugging around on the floor below the Christmas tree.

In one of our homes, we had a flooded basement and that is where I had kept all the Christmas decorations. At that time, they were stored in boxes instead of totes so some of my ornaments had to be disposed of. I was most dismayed because some of those ornaments had been from my hubby's and my first Christmas. 



Thankfully, I salvaged this little snare drum. It was one of our first ornaments and unknown to us at the time, we would later have three sons who all played the drums.




Many years ago, a family member gifted me with this little rustic Nativity. 




This wooden nativity had gotten water logged in the flood and completely fell apart. You can see there are many tiny pieces to it and it is actually smaller than it is in this photo. 



So, I carefully gathered up all the pieces and dried them all out on a window sill where the sun could get at them. When the pieces were dry, I painstakingly started to glue it back together again. It was a lot of work and it took some time to get it right because the pieces were so small.
However, I finally got it back together again and after all these years, it still hangs on the Christmas tree.

It kind of reminds me of us. When we come into this world, we are brand new but as the years go by, we get our feelings hurt and begin to acquire bad habits, and dare I say it, sin in our lives. The day comes when we realize what a mess we are and we need help to be put back together again. 


That is God's job and that is one of the reasons why God sent His only Son down here. And if we allow Him to, He will work on us, a little at a time, helping to mend our many hurts and our inferior qualities. 

Just like my little nativity, once He fixes us, He makes us strong so we can be of use for many years to bring joy to Him and the world around us.


Merry Christmas everyone! May we all be a light in this world and do what we can to make the world a better place. The Lord be with you all and make you a blessing this Christmas!




"And she will bear a Son; and you shall call His name Jesus, for it is He who will save His people from their sins." ~ Matthew 1:21


Keeping Christmas in my heart all year round ~ Sandi

2 comments:

  1. Hello Sandi....So glad you were able to repair the sweet little wooden manger scene. What a treasure and even more so now that it has been lovingly put back together! Great job!

    I trust your Christmas was delightful. All was wonderful here.

    Take care and thanks for all the beautiful Christmas posts! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sandi, for this post. What a great reminder!

    ReplyDelete