Welcome to my Christmas blog ~ Christmas Pudding

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year." ~ Charles Dickens

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Slowly Getting Ready for Christmas

Hello everyone! It's December 1 and Christmas is on its way.

I have been slowly getting some decorating done. Last week was a blur because I was busy getting my mother settled into her new home and the decorating had to take a back seat for a few days.

But I finally have the mantel done.


I have decorated it with cream and gold this year instead of my usual pink.
 
 
I love the ribbon!
 

 Cream magnolias and sheer ribbon .......

 
And I have started the tree. The angel awaits the rest of the touches below her.
 

Last week I began the first of my Christmas baking with Cranberry Squares. You can find the recipe here.





What have you been doing to get ready for the holidays?

Till next time, I'm keeping .....

Christmas in my heart all year round~ Sandi

4 comments:

  1. How beautiful, Sandi! So serene and yet so joyous.

    I have just barely started my Christmas decorating. Of course, Thanksgiving was only Thursday here in the states, so I really had to keep most of my fall decor up in the more public areas of the house. I hope to accomplish some work in my dining room and hallway tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful mantel! I really like the full on Christmas decorations you use - quite different to my style :)

    ~ Piia Anneli / annelivia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandi,
    It's so lovely and Christmas-y here! Those cookies sure do look gooood! Lol Now, I have to go and see what's in the jar! Lol
    Hugs,
    Linda at Beautiful Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have so beautiful Christmas home. Hav a nice Christmas time! Best Regards from Finland!

    ReplyDelete