Welcome to my Christmas blog ~ Christmas Pudding

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year." ~ Charles Dickens

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Visions of Gingerbread Dancing in My Head

Hello Christmas bloggy friends~ Welcome once again to Christmas Pudding!

Believe it or not, one month from today is Christmas Eve! I am getting excited, how about you?

I have been perusing the 'Net as well as my own photos and I am always charmed by Gingerbread. Gingerbread houses and cookies just lend such a warm and cozy feel to the  holidays, don't they?



This is my musical Gingerbread house which plays The Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy when you ring the door bell. The gumdrops on the roof light up and keep time to the music. My grandchildren love it!



I also have a Snowlady bearing her Gingerbread Boys and a pudding.


I wish I could say I painted these but I didn't. I found them at my son's school's Christmas Craft Fair a number of years ago. I think they are adorable!





From Pinterest and the 'Net I found these ~

Gingerbread Snowflake cookies. Aren't they pretty?

Internet

Internet

Pinterest

And how about a life size Gingerbread house? Isn't this amazing?

Internet

My, but there are some talented folks out there!

So, do you make a Gingerbread House or cookies for the holidays? Till next time, I'm keeping ........

Christmas in my heart all year round~ Sandi

6 comments:

  1. Quanti bei dolci ,tutto bello!C'è aria di Natale!Rosetta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my GOODNESS. That was a delightful post! Gorgeous photos of so many yummy lovelies. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you believe that full size gingerbread house? Wow, it's amazing! What lovely pictures...thanks for sharing!
    Hugs, Renee

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! I usually do make gingerbread in some form. I have made gingerbread houses in the past and I know those gingerbread snowflake cookies (or some just like them) are in an older December issue of Taste of Home. Sometimes I bake gingerbread men and form a hole at the top using a drinking straw, then string them on red and green ribbons to hang in my kitchen windows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic blog!
    Well done!
    If you'd like to see changes in my blog or my facebook fanpage.
    Kisses from Italy! :-*

    Habanero Handmade

    BLOG: http://habanerohandmade.blogspot.it

    FANPAGE FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Habanero-Handmade-Fanpage/119842804790054

    ReplyDelete