Welcome to my Christmas blog ~ Christmas Pudding

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year." ~ Charles Dickens



Saturday, November 10, 2012

Preparing For the Holidays

Hello friends~ How are you all doing?

I think one of the best ways to prepare for the Holidays is to first thank our Lord for coming. You see, if it wasn't for Him coming and being born in a humble stable, we wouldn't be celebrating Christmas at all.

November in particular, is a month in which we give thanks. We are reminded of our many blessings by celebrating Remembrance Day here in Canada this weekend. My American friends celebrate Veteran's Day also this weekend.

We live in great countries where we are free to live and worship as we please. If it weren't for the many sacrifices our veterans made for our countries perhaps we wouldn't be able to enjoy what we do today.

In a couple of weeks time, my American friends will also celebrate Thanksgiving Day. We are indeed blessed people!





Monday I will start decorating for the Holidays. I will start with my mantel and go from there.





This is what it looked like last year. I will make a few changes this year but it will look basically the same.




I was going to wait and share this lovely poem later in the month but perhaps now is as good a time as any. We are after all, blessed people.

We give thanks for the sacrifice of our veterans and also for the greatest sacrifice of all- Jesus Christ!


The world was blessed at Christmas

with a miracle of love...

a guiding star and angel choir

rejoicing from above.

They pointed to a tiny Babe

within a cattle stall-

a Saviour bringing peace on earth-

the greatest Gift of all. ~ Author unknown

 
Keeping Christmas in my heart all year round~ Sandi

3 comments:

  1. Thank you Sandi for this great reminder of why we celebrate Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN! Thankyou for sharing that Sandi. We musn't ever forget the reason for the season. Your mantle looked beautiful last year. Can't wait to see it this year! Have fun "decking the halls".

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Greatest Gift of All, so true.

    ReplyDelete