Welcome to my Christmas blog ~ Christmas Pudding

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year." ~ Charles Dickens

Thursday, November 29, 2012

...In the Lane, Snow is Glistening!

"Sleigh bells ring, Are you listening?
In the lane snow is glistening..."

Hello everyone~ I woke up to a fresh snowfall this morning. It's bright and sunny out and the sun is reflecting off millions of what appear to be diamonds sparkling in our driveway.

I have been working on some crafts again and this time, I have made some pretty snowballs.

Snowballs... 



Supplies:
styrofoam balls
modge podge
egg carton
old tole paint brush or sponge brush
Epsom salts

I actually made my own modge podge using a mixture of white glue and water. A teaspoon of white glue and about a teaspoon of water.


Paint one half of the ball with modge podge and then roll in Epsom salts. Let dry on the egg carton.


When dry, repeat on the other half of the ball and let dry.



Use in an arrangement or display in a big bowl. They're very pretty and best of all, they don't melt!

I set out a silver tray with my snowballs, some fresh evergreens, and my feather tree in front of the window.



I added a couple of little birdies and see how pretty it is in front of the window with the sun setting. The setting sun has cast a pretty pink glow on it all! I waited for just the right moment and captured it on my camera.


You can view this in a larger form on my main blog Rose Chintz Cottage which you can see here.

I hope you will give these snowballs a try. Till next time, I'm keeping....

Christmas in my heart all year round~ Sandi

4 comments:

  1. I love this site! The name is perfect!!! I'm a keeper of Christmas and can't believe that this is the first time that I've been here!

    The snowball craft is perfect to do with my nieces, I'm trying to schedule a craft day with them.

    Enjoy the blessings of the season!

    Leann

    BTW - I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Epson salt! What a great idea! Sometimes I put Epson salt at my feet when I'm taking a shower. Of course a bath would be better but having it at my feet revitalizes me a bit. I'm going to try this.

    ReplyDelete