Welcome to my Christmas blog ~ Christmas Pudding

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year." ~ Charles Dickens

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Christmas Crafting

Hi everyone~ I have been working on a little craft which I would like to share with you.

Somewhere on the 'Net I saw something similar to what I'm about to show you.



I found these s/p shakers at the Dollar store and the trees I found at Michaels.

I cleaned the shakers in the dishwasher and let air dry. I painted the tops white and sprinkled glitter on them.
Then I applied hot glue to the bottom of the wee tree and used  tweezers to glue into the bottom of the bottle.
Epsom salts make wonderful snow which I sprinkled in around the tree. I gave this one to my DIL who squealed in delight over it!

I also took a bigger jar and a bigger tree and basically did the same thing. I used a sheer ribbon and some raffia to tie around the cover and tied on a little JOY tag. Then I brushed on a little glue to the top and  sprinkled on some glitter to make it look frosted.


I am still looking for tinier shakers and if I cannot find any I will wash out my own and use those.



I think the trees would be even cuter in a smaller bottle.

Are you working on any crafts yet?

Keeping Christmas in my heart all year round~ Sandi

6 comments:

  1. Very cute! I did something similar this year with a glass cylinder, a tree and Epsom salt on a crystal candy plate. I love this look and you're right - the salt makes great snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are very sweet. I've seen them in jars but the salt shaker idea is very cute! I'll have to look for some really tiny trees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea for ages and yours turned out so cute!

    I am getting ready to make some of these too! Found some cute glass topped spice containers that I think will make cute tree holders. WE'll see!

    bee blessed
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. These tiny trees in shakers and jars are darling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog,Thank you for stopping by,Don't for get to tell every one about the Christmas give away I'm doing on my blog. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did it so fun added my own little bow!!!

    ReplyDelete