Welcome to my Christmas blog ~ Christmas Pudding

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year." ~ Charles Dickens



Monday, July 30, 2012

Christmas in July

Hello Christmas in July bloggerettes~ I thought I would share a few images from my Christmas last year. This will be my last post until later in the Fall when I start preparing for the holidays.

This is my wee teacup Christmas tree...I started with a tiny tree and then added pink beads, rhinestones, and a snowflake at the top.

This comes out every year and I change the teacup to suit the decor.



I love using my teacups in my decorating. A pretty ornament sitting in a cup makes a cute vignette.


A peppermint candy inspired tier plate stand adds  a festive touch to any table during the holidays.



I enjoy using things I already have like this wreath which encircles my crystal hurricane lamp. I have had it for many years and it comes out every Christmas. I like to change it up to match the decor. 





A snowflake basket filled with greenery makes a cute home for a little birdie and his frosted birdhouse.  You can't tell from the photo, but the little house sparkles from the roof laden with snow to the bottom. After painting it white, I sprinkled it with glitter. 


I love whimsy, especially at Christmastime! This musical Gingerbread House plays The Dance of the Sugarplum Fairy and the lights blink in time to the music.



My grandchildren love it! They ring the doorbell and the music plays.

And my sweet fairy princess tops the little tree filled with pink balls and ribbon.




Well, I hope you have enjoyed seeing some of my little touches around my home during the Christmas season. Once again, I'm joining Debbie for her Christmas in July Party.

Please stay tuned. As I find special ornaments or ideas which I will share with you. Enjoy the rest of your Summer and remember I'm keeping ....

Christmas in my heart all year round~ Sandi

4 comments:

  1. All of your decor is pretty, but I have to admit my favorites are the tea cup decor. The tea cup tree is precious! I've enjoyed reading your Christmas in July posts and look forward to "seeing" you in the fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The teacup tree is my very favorite! Hope you won't mind if I borrow your idea. It is just lovely and I already own a little tree like that. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandi,
    I love all of your Christmas Lovliness here in this post! I especially like the pink candle ring! Just my shade for my Dining Room!

    Thanks so much for participating in the Celebration of Christmas in July over at A Debbie-Dabble Christmas!
    It was such fun, wasn't it?
    I will be leaving the links on my Side Bar until October.
    Hopefully, next year I will be organized enough to do a Christmas in July Linky Party!
    Thanks again!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! feels like Christmas here! I love Christmas!

    ReplyDelete