Welcome to my Christmas blog ~ Christmas Pudding

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year." ~ Charles Dickens



Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Christmas in July

Happy Christmas in July everyone ~ Five months from today is Christmas! It doesn't hurt to think ahead and start creating for the holidays.

Most of you may already know how to make these sweet canning jar votives. But just in case you don't, here is how I made mine...




I started with a clean mason jar then I sprayed 'snow' on the outside. You know, the kind you spray on windows, just enough to lightly coat the jar. Then I glued a little lace around the mouth of the jar.

Perhaps you would prefer the jar plain like the one below. You could even tie a bright tartan ribbon around the mouth of the jar. That would look festive too.




Then I set my white votive inside and spooned in some epson salts around the candle to make it look like snow. Add the top and, Voila! You have a pretty votive for Christmas or wintertime! The 'snow' will wash right off afterwards.

What are you working on for the holidays? I'm joining Debbie's Christmas in July.

Christmas in my heart all year round ~ Sandi

4 comments:

  1. They are such a great idea! Your votive looks so pretty and very unique too Sandi.

    Hope your week has been wonderful. Happy Christmas in July!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy,
    I LOVE these!! So pretty!! Did you use the spray snow that you spray on windows?

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful idea! They look festive and yet there is such a peaceful, serene look about them too. They really capture the look of new-fallen snow and frosty windowpanes. I will have to try making some of these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful idea!! Just found your blog and had to follow you... love all things Christmas!

    ReplyDelete