Welcome to my Christmas blog ~ Christmas Pudding

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year." ~ Charles Dickens



Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Christmas in July

Hello everyone and Happy Christmas in July!
I am joining Debbie at A Debbie-Dabble Christmas for her Christmas in July Party.

I have a few things to share with you today so please grab a cup of tea, coffee, or iced tea and relax.

A few months ago I was browsing the Anne of Green Gables Store and I found this adorable little Christmas tree. Well, it just had to come home with me because it was all glittery and decorated with adorable little ornaments.




Some of the Christmas ornaments on the tree remind me of beach balls so in a way, it's perfect for Christmas in July! What do you think?





I also have this darling Christmas robin tea towel which accompanied a couple of Irish linen tea towels from Ireland. A few months back I did a review on these towels and the Christmas robin tea towel was included. It's very festive and pretty with Merry Christmas, Yultide, Noel, Seasons Greetings all written it.



My Uncle Doug who is from England tells me the robins in Europe are smaller than our robins here in North America.



They are about the size of our chickadees only with the colouring of the robin. I would love to see a real one. They must be adorable!

I'm very pleased to have this tea towel and it will get lots of use once the holidays roll around.



For Mother's Day, my hubby gifted me with some pieces of Johnson Bros. Old Friendly Village which I am collecting. The Old Friendly Village pattern is unique in that each piece has a different scene on it.

The teacup and saucer has a winter scene on it so I felt it was Christmasy enough to share with you. The scene on the teacups is "The Ice House." 



Hubby also gave me this pretty square plate. The pattern on this piece is "The Covered Bridge." 




New Brunswick, Canada which is where I was born, has some of the nicest covered bridges in the country so this plate is especially dear to me!




I made my Sticky Date Pudding with Hot Toffee Sauce this week. 





I make this delectable dessert twice a year; at Christmastime and in July. This year, I made it for my Anne of Green Gables Tea which you can find here on my other blog, Rose Chintz Cottage, should you wish to check it out.

You can find the recipe for this wonderful dessert here.

Well, that's my Christmas in July post this week. Thank you Debbie for hosting this fun event.
As you all know, Christmas is never very far from my thoughts even in the middle of the summer.

Christmas in my heart all year round ~ Sandi

7 comments:

  1. Sandi,
    Thanks so much for joining in the Christmas in July celebration!
    I love the little tree and the flag is so lovely!
    But the tea cups made my heart go pitter patter! Such beautiful winter scenes.
    I linked your post up to my features from the Christmas in July celebration that I have on my Summer Craft Room Tree post. I hope that is okay...

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, everything is so lovely! The teacups are just beautiful (I love Johnson Brothers and own just a couple of pieces of Friendly Village) and the little tree does have a "Christmas in July" look! Your pudding looks amazing, too! Thanks for sharing -- and for stopping by my Christmas Kitchen, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sandi, isn't that the nicest gift from your hubby? I love the Friendly Village set so much. You will certainly enjoy that. Now I'm off to check the recipe for the Sticky Date pudding!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandi....Oh, lovely china! And the little tree is very sweet. The pudding? Oh my, AMAZING. And your youngest son is handsome, too! WOWSERS. Enjoyed this post. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. So enjoyed my visit today!

    My grandma died many years ago and I was the recipient of an entire set of The Friendly Village - only because I had the room to store it. Not only do I store it but also display it year-round. It's very precious to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful! Love the little tree with the teacup and saucer pictures! Thank you for sharing!
    Leticia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandi! What a lovely Christmas post. The little Christmas tree is just darling and I love that pattern of your dishes. Wish I had some too. Your Christmas pudding looks very delish! Hope you'll pop over and see my Christmas in July post.
    Be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete