Welcome to my Christmas blog ~ Christmas Pudding

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year." ~ Charles Dickens



Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A-Z of Christmas - I

Hello everyone and welcome to the letter I of the A-Z of Christmas.
Before I get into our letter for today, I would like to extend a hearty Welcome to all my new Followers! Both my old and new blog buddies have made this Christmas blog so worth while and I just want to say Thank you for commenting and being the wonderful support that you are. It's simply lovely there are so many of you out there who enjoy Christmas as much as I do! Now, on to the letter...


is for...
Icicles, ice skating, Immanuel.

Icicles can be both beautiful and harmful. This photo below is one example of how beautiful they can be.



However, I do recall a time when my little brother and I were playing outdoors in the wintertime and we were knocking icicles off the eves of the house. We were about six and eight years old at the time. One icicle fell off the house and went through my brother's lip which then required stitches. It gave us all quite a scare at the time and needless to say, we found other things to do after that.

Ice skating has always been a popular pasttime here on the Island in the wintertime.  

Internet


My father used to take my brother and me skating at the rink and on outdoor ponds when we were growing up. And my hubby grew up playing hockey on outdoor ponds.

Immanuel is another name for our Saviour when He came to earth as a Babe in the stable. As most of you know, it means "God with us." 

Photo courtesy of The Nativity Story


Thank you for visiting today and please join me again tomorrow when I talk about the letter J.

Keeping Christmas in my heart all year round ~ Sandi

3 comments:

  1. Hello Sandi
    I love this blog...so festive and pretty.
    Lovely picture of the icicle...hope your brother doesn't carry a scar from his experience.

    I just bought my grand daughter her first pair of skate's, she can finally go skating now that things are finally freezing up here in Manitoba.
    Blessings
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today's "I" post is "IMMENSELY" lovely, Sandi. Photos are excellent, too.

    I love looking at icicles but wowsers, if one went through my head by mistake, that would not be pretty. They are so unique though, aren't they?

    Great post. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandi, I am so happy that I found this Christmas blog. Thanks so much for sharing.

    Jocelyn @
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete