Welcome to my Christmas blog ~ Christmas Pudding

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year." ~ Charles Dickens



Wednesday, December 21, 2011

W - The A-Z of Christmas

Welcome to the letter...W.


is for...
Wreaths, White Christmas, Wish List.

Wreaths are used at Christmas time as a welcoming adornment on front doors and as part of the advent wreath which encircles five candles - that are lit in the four weeks before Christmas and on Christmas Eve.

As a never-ending circle, wreaths are symbolic of eternal life and strength.


I love a wreath and especially at this time of year. I have them in my home, greeting you at the door, hanging on mirrors and cabinet drawers, even around a hurricane lamp on a table.

I think they make a most welcome and delightful decoration in one's home, don't you?

The wreath above is one I fashioned for the front door which also  matches a little tree in my dining room. 

I made this little wreath for the front of the aqua chest which sits in the front room.


And this is lovely wreath shows off the hurricane lamp on the coffee table.



We have had little snow so far this season but it's beginning to look like a White Christmas now as we've had some of the white stuff come down a couple of days ago. I'm sure most folks are happy about this new blanket of snow; particularly the children.


Thomas Kincade painting

White Christmas is one of the most famous and popular of all the  Christmas songs. The music and lyrics were written by Irving Berlin in 1942. The lyrics of White Christmas struck a chord with the soldiers fighting in the Second World War and their families who were waiting for them back home.   


I'm dreaming of a white Christmas
Just like the ones I used to know
Where the treetops glisten,
And children listen
To hear sleigh bells in the snow.

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas
With every Christmas card I write
May all your days be merry and bright
And may all your Christmases be white.

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas
With every Christmas card I write
May all your days be merry and bright
And may all your Christmases be white.

A Wish List is one which children of all ages love to write out for Santa.


My hubby insists on me making a list out for him every year for Christmas. How about you? Do you make out your Christmas list for anyone?

I hope you enjoyed my take on the letter W and tomorrow you will join me for the letter X.

Keeping Christmas in my heart all year round ~ Sandi

1 comment:

  1. Sandi,

    I have enjoyed the Christmas thoughts you have shared for the last few weeks. I look forward to the last couple of days. Have a very Merry Christmas and Blessed New Year!

    ReplyDelete