Welcome to my Christmas blog ~ Christmas Pudding

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year." ~ Charles Dickens



Thursday, December 15, 2011

Q - The A-Z of Christmas

Hello everyone. If you have been following along, you know that today's letter of the A-Z of Christmas is Q.
There is not a lot for Q but this is what I came up with.


is for....
The Queen's Speech.
For some, watching the Queen's speech at 3pm on Christmas Day, is an integral part of the traditions of the day. I know my mother never misses it.
The first broadcast from the monarch began during the reign of the present Queen's grandfather, King George V, who in 1932 spoke in the 'wireless' from an office in Sandringham.

The tradition was maintained by his son  King George VI, who became king following his brother's abdication and continued by the Queen.



Have a delightful day and please join me again tomorrow for the letter R.

Keeping Christmas in my heart all year round ~ Sandi

2 comments:

  1. Oooo, yeah, Sandi, that letter "Q" is a tough one. The Queen's Speech was a good one.

    The only other two I could come up with in my mind were "Quiet" time by the fireplace and "Quilt" with Christmas design in which to wrap one's self.

    Nice job. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! Lol I love your Christmas blog, Sandi.

    Hugs,
    Linda at Beautiful Ideas

    ReplyDelete