Welcome to my Christmas blog ~ Christmas Pudding

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year." ~ Charles Dickens



Saturday, December 10, 2011

The "L " of Christmas

Good morning Christmas loving friends ~ Welcome to the letter L of Christmas.


is for...
Lights, Laying of the table.

What's a Christmas tree without its lights? Whether you use multi-coloured, or white, or all one colour, a Christmas tree looks much more festive with the twinkle and glow of lights on it.

Source Internet

For a few years I used all white lights with pastel ornaments and it looked beautiful. The men in my family didn't like it so I went back to using different coloured lights.
I still like all white lights indoors and coloured lights outdoors. What colour lights do you put on your tree?

This was my tree last year without the tree topper.


I changed the ribbon to a sheer burgundy and gold this year.


This is my white tree all decked out in pink.


One wonderful exercise we ladies get to do at Christmastime is the laying of the table. This is the time to pull out all your best china, crystal, and silverware. I don't have a set of Christmas china but I know many of you do. Christmas dinner always looks better and tastes better on a beautifully laid table, don't you agree?

Whether you use traditional colours...

Source Internet

Or a softer colour palette...

Source Internet

Dinner will taste better on a beautifully laid table. The centerpiece can be as elaborate as you please with candles, flowers, or a simple bowl of Christmas ornaments. This is where we get to use our imaginations.

One can even dress up the chairs. Aren't these festive!
Source Internet

So,  how do you dress up your dinner table for Christmas? I would love to know!

Thank you for joining me today. I hope you will come back tomorrow for the letter M.

I will also be doing a guest post for Natasha for her 12 Days of Christmas Party, so please join me then.


Keeping Christmas in my heart all year round ~ Sandi

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhh, beautiful, Linda. I think the white lights with pastel ornaments sounded great.Also love all your pinks!

    For my tree, I have it on a revolving stand. It's a huge, FAT tree (artificial) that takes about a day to put together and many hours to decorate. I have it done in gold, pink, and touches of white.

    For my table, which I leave set all through the month of December, I use my Nikko china with a Christmas tree in the middle. I've had it for YEARS. I change tablecloths, though. But as soon as a meal is done, the table gets reset----it's part of my holiday decor.

    Thanks for sharing your lovely posts. Susan

    ReplyDelete