Welcome to my Christmas blog ~ Christmas Pudding

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year." ~ Charles Dickens



Sunday, December 4, 2011

F ~ The A-Z of Christmas

Hello friends and welcome to another A-Z of Christmas. Today we are doing the letter F...


is for....
Father Christmas, family, fruitcake, fudge, frosty walks.

The central figure of most secular celebrations of Christmas is a jolly fellow who delivers presents to well behaved children on Christmas Eve.

He goes by several names; Santa Claus, Saint Nicholas, among others. In England, this jolly gent is known as Father Christmas.


I really like this figurine and I find it very endearing. Father Christmas kneeling in worship before the Saviour.


Years ago, I had made a friend of mine a figurine very much like this one. I wish I had made myself one too because I think it says it all.

Every Christmas, I make fruitcake and fudge among other things. This year, I will make both a dark and a sultana cake. My middle son and his wife as well as myself, prefer the dark cake, whereas the rest of my family prefers the sultana.

This is my Sultana cake which is my mother's recipe. It is a wonderful light and buttery cake made with a delectable mixture of fruit and flavourings. Yum!


What about you? Do you make a special cake for the holidays?

I am linking this post with Natasha for her 12 Days of Christmas Party.
Keeping Christmas in my heart all year round ~ Sandi

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sandi....Loved your post. All of them since "A."

    I think you should submit these somewhere, with text and photos, to be put into book form. I think it'd be a winner.

    I'm not a fan of fruitcake, unless it's with just dates and pecans. ha ha ha But yours looks wonderful. Have a great Sunday. Sincerely, Susan P.S. I love that Santa figurine in front of the Savior, too. One of my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your blog and each one of your wonderful posts!
    Have a nice Sunday and a great Week!
    Zazá

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandi, Great post. I have not fruitcake in years, but when I did it was dark. Take care and have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandy,
    Oh my I love this blog too... Christmas is my favorite! So glad you visited me so I found your blogs. Your tree on the right from 09 is beautiful!!! I just love it all♥♥♥
    Have a wonderful and blessed Christmas,
    hugs,
    Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful cake! I don't have a special cake that I make but I do love to bake at Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete