Welcome to my Christmas blog ~ Christmas Pudding

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year." ~ Charles Dickens



Sunday, October 30, 2011

Hunting For An Angel

Hello everyone ~
I have had this lovely angel for the tree top for over twenty years. Last year, when I set her up where she watches over the decorating of the tree, she didn't light up. I asked my DIL to try to fix her but alas, she could only get her lit half way. She put a new string of lights up under her gown but it just didn't look right to me. You can see what she looked like on top of last year's tree in a few posts down.
I was so disappointed! I will still use her in a centerpiece or on a shelf but she will be missed on the tree top!


In my hunt for a new angel, I found this one which changes colour.


Lovely, isn't she? I really liked her fur-trimmed robe and feather wings.



I was not happy with her however as she seemed a bit too large for the tree and she wasn't as demure as the other one so I returned her.

I used a star one year and I've seen some lovely bows as tree toppers but I still prefer an angel. So, I'm still on the hunt for a new angel. Wish me luck, won't you?

What do you have for your tree topper?

Till next time....
Keeping Christmas in my heart all year round ~ Sandi

8 comments:

  1. Hi Sandi, I also use an angel on the top of my tree. I made it when the boys were in grade school, the wrestling stage of growing up. She is needled pointed on plastic canvas and has survived many a tree topple;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an angel that my Dad bought me when I was a little girl...I saw it at the local hardware store and I begged him to buy it for me. Thank goodness she still lights up...her dress is a little worn but I can not imagine my tree without her. Good luck with you hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a very special angel, indeed! I love it! We use a star that at this point doesn't have a whole lot of sentimental value so I may have to look for something different. That has got to be one of the hardest things to do, replace a tree topper that is kinda like part of the family. It may be hard to find one that will measure up to your cherished one. Have you looked on E-bay?

    I hope you are able to find one just as nice as the original.

    Take care, Sandi.
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a star for our tree topper. We had an angel in the past too. Actually I would like to have another one. Your original angel is just beautiful. Very serene face. Hope you find another one that you love as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandi...That first, original angel is a beauty. Why don't you use her partially lighted, just as she is? We don't have to be perfect and she is soooooo lovely. Just a thought. Take care. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. We alternate each year between an angel and a big red plaid star. One being classical, and the other more country. I'm sure you will find just the right angel for your tree. Good luck!
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandi, I love angels (of course) and use them on the tree, as toppers, and all thru-out the house. Why can't you keep the old one and just stuff a partial strand of the Christmas lights up under her skirt? That way you could keep on using her!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  8. For many years I had a vintage angel atop the tree. Then we went with a star because that's what the children wanted. Now that they are grown and gone I use a beautiful pre-lit RED BOW. Loved hearing about everyone's tree toppers. Take care.

    ReplyDelete