Welcome to my Christmas blog ~ Christmas Pudding

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year." ~ Charles Dickens



Monday, May 2, 2011

A Recipe for Bread Pudding

Hello my lovely friends. How are you all doing? It was a bit cool over the weekend so I got a hankering for some comfort food. Actually, it was Bread Pudding I was craving. I had seen it on someones blog the other day and I just couldn't seem to shake the lust for it. So, here's my recipe for it and I hope you will enjoy it as much as we did!

BREAD PUDDING
10 slices white bread, cut into cubes
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 - 1 cup of raisins {your preference}
1 teaspoon cinnamon

In a large bowl, combine the bread, melted butter, raisins, and cinnamon. Mix well and transfer to a 2 quart baking dish. Use the same bowl to beat the eggs in.

6 eggs
3/4 cup white sugar
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups hot milk
1 pinch nutmeg

Heat oven to 375.
Stir sugar, salt, and vanilla into the beaten eggs until dissolved. Slowly whisk in the hot milk. Pour the hot milk mixture over the bread cubes. Sprinkle with nutmeg and set aside to soak for a few minutes.
Bake in pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes.

I made the sauce while the pudding was baking.


QUICK VANILLA SAUCE
1 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
Gradually stir in 2 cups of boiling water
Bring to a boil and cook until smoothly thickened. Remove from heat and stir in-
2 tablespoons butter
1 - 1/2  teaspoons vanilla
Yield~ 2 cups sauce

This sauce goes well with almost anything; cake or baked pudding. My DIL claims she would have it over crackers, she likes it so much!

Dish out a substantial serving of pudding into a lovely bowl and pour the hot sauce over it.


Enjoy it with a nice cup of tea.


Until next time, take care, and remember to keep Christmas in your heart all year round! Hugs to you!

Christmas in my heart all year round~ Sandi

5 comments:

  1. Yum! Thanks for sharing this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are invited to frollow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm mmmm mmmm.Now that sounds great. I only have tapioca pudding in the fridgie but I think I'll go get some right now. hee hee Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm your newest follower,, I LOVE christmas also,I found you through your other blog,, this is the very same bread pudding my mum made and me too.I'm trying this sauce,, looks so good.I hope you're well today,, have a wonderful day,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this looks so yummy and I can just smell the cinnamon and nutmeg. Your dishes are so pretty! Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete