Welcome to my Christmas blog ~ Christmas Pudding

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year." ~ Charles Dickens



Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy New Year!

Hello everyone ~ I trust you all enjoyed a lovely Christmas season surrounded by family and friends.
Once again the holidays are behind us. For some reason it was busier this year in our household. My youngest son was home for the holidays and we so enjoyed his presence with us! All too soon, the season is over and he has left us once again to return to university in Toronto. We always miss him when he's gone!

I am in the midst of taking all my Christmas down and putting it away for another year. It is kind of sad as I love it so. However the spirit of Christmas shall remain in my heart all year round. I always have a little sparkle around especially during the Wintertime.

This is a birdcage I decorated this year and will probably leave it out for a while yet. The white birdie is snuggled in nice and warm among the evergreen branches. I always leave the door open so he can come and go as he pleases!


Here it is with the fairy lights lit.


The winter months here on the Island are cold and snowy and it's lovely to put my feet up with a cup of tea in front of my new fireplace. A fireplace has been on the top of my Wishlist for several years and this year, my wish came true! Thank you to my wonderful hubby!

I won't be on here much until next Christmas. But like I did last year; should I happen upon a Christmas ornament or something festive, I will share it with you. In the meantime, I will be blogging on my other blog, Rose Chintz Cottage, which you can find on my sidebar.

Wishing you all a Happy & Healthy New Year!
God bless you, every one!

Christmas in my heart all year round~ Sandi

3 comments:

  1. Hello Sandi...Hope the year will be good for you, too. I love the idea of keeping Christmas in our hearts throughout the year. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your little white birdcage ~ I think I must own it's twin. I'm going to add white twinkle lights inside mine......
    Your fireplace is b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l!!!

    Big Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Sandi

    Yes it does seem to come and go so quickly. Glad that you had time with your son.

    Your home is lovely!
    Leann

    ReplyDelete