Welcome to my Christmas blog ~ Christmas Pudding

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year." ~ Charles Dickens



Monday, November 29, 2010

A Lovely Gift Idea

Happy Monday everyone!

We had our Christmas Banquet last week for our bible study group and our wonderful group presented Hubby and me with a lovely basket of goodies.


I wish I could have taken a picture of it before it was opened because it was wrapped so beautifully but they insisted on our opening it that evening.


The festive basket held a tube of my hubby's favourite chips which are conspicuously missing from the basket because he ate them already! My favourite Lindor chocolates were in it as well as a gift card to one of our nicer restaurants in Charlottetown.

There were bottles of home made mustard pickles, Lady Ross mustard pickles, apple sauce, and a large bottle of Strawberry-Apple sauce. All of these were made by a lady in our group.

There was a box of crackers and an assortment of Gourmet coffees. A boxed set of Hot Pepper Jelly and Wild Blueberry Lemon Spreadable fruit from our own Prince Edward Island Preserve Co. was also in the basket.

I was delighted to receive this because I do entertain quite a bit and these items will all come in handy. We are blessed to lead this lovely group of friends.



I also wanted to share with you a little ceramic village I have set up in the bathroom. It lights up and looks very cute in there.
I like little surprises in unexpected places, don't you?



Well, till next time, take some time for yourself with a nice cup of tea and enjoy the Season. I host a tea party every week on my other blog Rose Chintz Cottage http://sandimyyellowdoor.blogspot.com/ and I invite you to stop by and join me. Have a lovely day everyone!


Celebrating Christmas in my heart all year round ~ Sandi

5 comments:

  1. How thoughtful of your group to give you and your hubby a basket! I love goodie baskets! I also like unexpected decorations around the home. Love your bathroom display! I put a few trinkets on our window sills in the bathrooms! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful basket to receive from friends. I am sure you enjoy all the goodies. Take care and have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the basket but that sweet village just stole my heart!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie @ A Debbie-Dabble Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would you believe a neighbor dropped off a goodie basket for us last night! I couldn't believe it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas to you Sandi! What a wonderful group you have. Blessings to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete