Welcome to my Christmas blog ~ Christmas Pudding

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year." ~ Charles Dickens



Friday, December 4, 2009

Counting Down the Days.


Good evening friends~ Have you noticed what day it is? It's December 4th, and that means Christmas is just around the corner!
It also means that Jordan, my youngest son, will be coming home for the holidays soon; ten more days to be exact! I can't wait to see him!

You see, Jordan is away at university studying for his PhD in Math, and he only gets home at Christmastime. It has been a whole year since his Dad and I have seen him.

So, I'm making lots of preparations; a list of his favourite meals and desserts, and getting the guest room ready. The doll dressed in blue and the pretty birdhouses will all be put away to make room for my son.
Jordan is looking forward to seeing his oldest brother and his family too. My oldest son and his family live about five minutes from here. There will be lots of excitement when the three little nephews see their Uncle Jordan again!

Less than a month from today, my hubby and I are flying out to Vancouver to visit my middle son and his family. I haven't seen them since last February and my youngest grandson is walking now, and doing all the cute little boy things that baby boys do. I have much to look forward to. It's going to be a very busy, but joyous time of celebration!

I have much to be thankful for!



In the midst of all this busyness and preparation, I make sure I make time to ponder the reason why we celebrate this beautiful season, our Saviour Jesus, who came into this world to make a way for us to spend eternity with Him. We owe Him thanks for this beautiful season which we are celebrating. If it hadn't been for His coming, there would be no Christmas! Think about that! No Christmas, no Christmas carols, no Christmas decorations...

I thank Him for all this beauty He has brought us. I thank Him for my wonderful family, and for His coming to us over two thousand years ago.
I also look forward to Him coming again. Next time it won't be as a Holy Child, it will be as King of Kings and Lord of Lords! That will be a celebration to end all celebrations!
Celebrating Christmas in my heart, all year round~ Sandi

6 comments:

  1. Getting a PhD in math is brutal. I knew a lot of people with doctorates and getting doctorates in the various hard sciences and math.

    Glad your son is coming for a visit! That is so nice for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy your son is coming home. Ours is, too, so I can identify with your joy. It's been a year since we've seen him, too! Take care and have a wonderful holiday!Sincerely, Susan from writingstraightfromtheheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandi,
    I know of the excitement of having a child come home for Christmas, and how special we like to make it for them. May you have a wonderful time with your family.And your trip as well. This is truly a most blessed season.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sandi I'm soo happy for you! It must be wonderful to know that he'll be home soon!

    Enjoy your preparations
    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandi! Beautiful post! Yes, we do indeed have MUCH to be thankful for. And I'm so excited for you about you getting to see your son again after sooo long!

    Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stopped by to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas. I am so glad your son is home for the holidays.
    Merry Christmas
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete