Welcome to my Christmas blog ~ Christmas Pudding

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year." ~ Charles Dickens



Monday, October 26, 2009

Recipe for A Scrumptious Dessert


Good afternoon everyone ~ Some of you asked for the Sticky Date Pudding recipe so here it is.


Sticky Date Pudding

1 cup boiling water
1 cup chopped pitted dates
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
1-1/2 cup flour
1 tsp bk powder
1/2 tsp salt

Pour boiling water over pitted dates and bk soda, in a small bowl. Mix and let stand until lukewarm.

Cream butter and sugar in a medium-sized bowl until light and creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour, bk powder, and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternately with date mixture, making 3 dry and 2 liquid additions. Mix well.

Spread evenly in a 9 inch square greased pan. Bake 40-45 mins. at 350.


Toffee Sauce

1/2 cup butter
1 cup Br sugar
3/4 cup whipping cream
1/2 tsp vanilla

Melt butter and dissolve sugar over medium heat. Add cream and vanilla. Simmer 5 mins. until slightly thickened. Serve warm over the date pudding. Enjoy!
I got this recipe from Carolyn at "Aiken House and Gardens." Thank you Carolyn for sharing!


Christmas in my heart all year round ~ Sandi

5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for posting the recipe. Can't wait to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'll bet that's good. Thanks, Sandi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh goodness...I've been busy and I almost missed it! I'm so anxious to make this! This is such a beautiful blog, and we share our love for Christmas, that's for sure! Blessings to you today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, that looks delish! I love the pink/white dish it is on, too! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! Thank you, Sandi! This sounds soooo wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete