Welcome to my Christmas blog ~ Christmas Pudding

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year." ~ Charles Dickens



Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Of Puddings and Pies

Good day everyone~ For a couple of years I've been hearing about this scrumptious dessert called Sticky Date Pudding with Toffee Sauce. Well, I finally got the recipe and tried it. I knew I would love it because I love anything with dates and a sauce over it!










Yummm! It is a wonderful dessert and perfect for Christmas. Since no one in my family cares for Plum Pudding except me, I'm going to make Sticky Date Pudding this year. Hubby loves it too! Now instead of the usual Pumpkin Pie, I'll serve up this delectable pudding too.
What do you have for dessert after Christmas dinner?

Christmas in my heart all year round ~ Sandi

10 comments:

  1. We usually have marzipan...

    That SDP with TS (lol) sure looks hearty and tasty. A bit like harvest pudding? Delectable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please share the recipe! Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "OMG!!!!"
    It sure looks good and YummY!!!!
    I'm gonna have to try and bake one of these.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Sandi!
    Just visited your "main" blog and had to come here to visit. I LOVE Christmas ... for lots of reasons. Christ's birth ... how everyone tries to be nicer ... and my birthday on the 24th ... :)
    I did a pink Christmas post a while back and mentioned I am not supposed to "do" Christmas carols until October 1st ... and I usually cannot wait that long .... always a CD or two in the car ... lol!
    Hugs (and love the moss roses side decor on this blog!)
    Betty :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We need your recipe!! I usually pig out on sugar cookies and my famous green punch (according to my granddaughter!).

    Big Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandi, well I'm a Christmas gal too so I thought I'd hang out over here now and then and see what you are up to. I hope you are sharing that date pudding recipe...sounds wonderful. I love trying different things. Where is your son, that he is coming home for Christmas? We do Christmas cookies and pumpkin pie and pecan pie. My m-i-l makes an Icelandic tort type cake with dates, also. Nice visiting you. I don't "do" Christmas early, but I definitely start the day after Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. people are getting ready for christmas earlier every year it seems, but yes pudding is making me hungry!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandi just found your lovely site this morning. What a wonderful site and it was a great way to start my day
    Maggie
    Sorry I missed the giveaway but you have time to enter mine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sandi, I have a date pudding recipe, but it is actually more of a pudding - not cake. It was my grandmother's recipe and is associated with Thanksgiving and Christmas memories. My mother was born into a large family. We always got together on Thanksgiving Day and on New Year's Day. It was a great time with all the cousins, aunts and uncles! One of the dishes served, usually at Thanksgiving, was date pudding. Delicious, very rich! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete