Welcome to my Christmas blog ~ Christmas Pudding

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year." ~ Charles Dickens



Friday, September 25, 2009

Christmas is Coming!


Hello everyone~ Did you know that three months from today is Christmas Day? I look around my home and it looks very different from what it will look like in three months time!
It's not too soon to make preparations. I am already making plans; how I will decorate this year, buying presents, and getting my baking list ready. I also look forward to having my youngest son home for the holidays. I am just like a child waiting for Christmas morning as I can't wait to see his sweet face again.

When my boys were growing up, I used to bake fifteen kinds of sweets; cookies, pies, squares, tarts, and so on. I always baked a sultana and a dark fruit cake and I always made fudge and pate. My cookie jars were never empty and there was always company dropping by. Things are different today because my boys have all grown up and are on their own with little families of their own. One boy lives out on the West coast and my youngest son is still unattached but he is off to university in another province. Thank goodness I still have my oldest son living here with his family!


These days, I usually still bake my two fruit cakes, pumpkin pies, mincemeat tarts, and a small assortment of sweets. I still make my pate too. I have loved these savory meat pies since I was a child. And what is Christmas without fudge and plum pudding? What kind of treats do you make for the celebration?


Yes, I love it all; the food, the music, the decorating, the festivities, and most of all, the true meaning of why we celebrate, our Saviour Jesus!

There's just something about that Name! Blessings everyone!

Christmas in my heart all year round~ Sandi

2 comments:

  1. Hello Sandi, I am tickled pink to find your Christmas blog, I have just started working on mine and am enjoying it so much. I haven't got it where I want it but am working on it when I can.
    And like you I am on countdown, until we celebrate this glorious birthday. I love all the things that you mention but to be able to sing Happy Birthday to Jesus is so exciting.
    Blessings to you , and I am so looking forward to reading your future posts.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog and will add a link....where I can I find a Christmas counter......Teresa
    annah99@aol.com

    ReplyDelete